a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The outer skin of your digital onion

My new favourite phrase...and one which brings a whole new meaning to "knowing your onions".
I have shamelessly whipped it from a WPP article on the genius that was Obama's digital communications campaign, but am now vowing to use it at least once a week as I take up a renewed mission to bring the not-so-new media element into UAE PR.
Laughing in the face of yet another "I want press release", maybe now is a good time to point out how much more efficient, effective and...dare I say...exciting digital channels can be.
If dowdy politics can find new ways to communicate through Facebook, Digg, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace and a wealth of other mobile, online and interactive applications, then I am more than convinced of the potential for a country that has 150% mobile penetration and a gadget-obsessed population.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home