a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Friday, September 11, 2009

Super TED hits Dubai

I'm looking forward to October for a multitude of reasons...and, unusually for me, my birthday is way down the list.

The months spent air-con hopping are drawing to a close, which means a welcome end to the merry dance that goes something like this: apartment - car - office - car - mall/gym/restaurant/bar* - car - apartment.

*delete according to day of the week

Another equally - if not more - exciting reason is that TED is coming to town. TED is my latest love. He's inspirational, he makes me think, he has amazing - sometimes wacky, sometimes idealistic, sometimes distinctly odd - ideas and an ambition to make the world a better and more creative place. Based on that, who could fail to love TED?

My mum will be disappointed to learn, however, that TED isn't the man I'm going to marry. It's a conference that was started in the States and is docking in Dubai as an independent event organised by a couple of ambitious guys who want to bring this 'spa for the brain' to the desert.

Unusually - especially for this place - money doesn't get you through the door. Everyone has to apply for a ticket and then keep fingers crossed that they get a place. I almost fell off my seat at a TED networking event recently when my application flashed up on the preso...but have taken that as a good sign and have everything crossed!

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home