a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A strange co-incidence

I read this morning on Auntie Beeb that 52 pubs are closing each week in Britain. That figure is up from 27 a week in 2007 and 2 a week in 2006.

Now, I left the wonderfully sociable B&B to join Hotwire in 2006. At this point the burden of 10-13 hour days and a daily schlep all the way across London meant that my previously healthy social life took a gravity-defying nose dive. I left Blighty towards the end of October 2007.

Is it just me or is there a spooky correlation there?

One thing that does worry me is the 'official' guy that says "...unfortunately if you are a community pub, you can't transform yourself into a trendy town-centre bar." Why unfortunately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home