a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Proof that parents *are* bad for you

Let me start by clearly stating that I love my parents very much! I admire them for their 40 years of marriage (being celebrated this weekend) and I very much enjoy spending time with them, whether here in the UAE or in the home land.

With that disclaimer out of the way....

My recent spate of family visits - during which I was naturally called on to entertain, play tour guide, abandon the low carb diet and drink lots of fine wine - seems to have undone a lot of headway made in getting into shape and losing a kg or two along the way.

Work hasn't helped in the times in between playing host...do these companies not know there's a global economic downturn in full swing? Of course not - because here it has been officially declared 'over' by the powers that be. Well it was getting a bit 'yesterday's news'! So I guess that was that and now we can all get back to some heavy duty spending.

Similarly, with the sofa bed packed away for a few weeks I donned trainers and headed for the running track after work yesterday...only to be wiped out and gasping for breath minutes into setting up stride. The shame as I felt my right arm lose feeling to selflessly donate blood toward the struggling leg/foot area, and the disappointment as my friends legged it on ahead (not for long tho - that'll teach 'em!!).

I finished ok, but am vowing to raise my game for sure.

Having beaten myself up over this, however, I did get back in the car and notice the temperature gauge reading a sweaty 34 degrees.

Here comes the summer....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home