a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Monday, March 02, 2009

Anyway...back to shoes

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world"

I have a card from my dear friend Loz that I keep by my desk (the card, not Loz...) with this inspired quote from Bette Midler. I look at it quite often when I'm trying to rouse some semblence of creative focus! Though not to everyone's taste, I admit, it definitely inspires me in a moment of contemplation.

If this client was a pair of shoes, what kind of footwear would they be. Flashy disco boots, classy heels or sensible flats? You wouldn't suggest a wacky stunt to a brogue touting client, nor a desert hike to one with a penchent for 4" silver stilettos. The colour, style, heel, fastening...everything says something about the shoe/client's personality and taste.

There is another quote that says something about walking a mile in my shoes before throwing any stones (I may be at risk of mixing my metaphors!) and it's true. Literally putting yourself in your clients shoes is - for me - great inspiration for a creative yet appropriate campaign.

I'll be over here in my 2 1/2" mary janes if you need me.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Loz said...

May I come and sit on your desk? I won't be any trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home