a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Monday, November 26, 2007

Life is so much simpler with three pairs of shoes

(Gasp!) ...and 101 other things I never thought I'd say.

But it's true, trust me. I've lasted a whole four days without 'the other bag' and I conclude that all a girl really needs is a pair of kitten heels, flip flops and pumps to cover all occasions and eventualities*. When TOB decides to catch a flight out and join me in the sunshine, I might just ditch the rest of my shoe collection and live in new found simplicity. Oh, apart from my favourite wedge heels......and the pink pumps.....and the silver heels.....oh, and the purple mary janes.....and my flowery wellies.....

The contents of TOB are slowly coming to light. Nothing urgent so far I'm pleased to report, but it has started something of a catchphrase in the Bennett household for all things lost, missing or generally not where they should be.

So, day 4 in Dubai. The sun is still shining, the sky is still blue and I've got a tan. No of course I haven't, don't be silly.

I have, however, found an apartment and will tell you all about it (maybe even post some pics) when I have signed the contract tomorrow. I don't want to tempt fate. Suffice to say it is smack bang opposite a posh hotel...so ready access to cocktails!...and has the most breathtaking view over the city.

Yesterday was spent in a training session with my new colleagues. PR people generally aren't backward at being forwards in training - and yesterday was no exception! It's a great way to see your colleagues' true colours. They're going to be great fun to work with, except if we ever crash a light aircraft in the middle of the desert. Yes, I did think vodka was more important for survival than a compass!! I figured we'd only be there for a couple of days one way or another, so might as well have a good time.

On that note...wish me luck with the apartment, and chat soon. x

*I reserve the right to change this opinion at any time, without notice or any form of prior warning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home