a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Missing - one best friend

My bestest friend in the whole wide world has moved to New Zealand. Very exciting - and what better excuse for a trip to the southern hemisphere - but I'm still in shock. And a more than a little bit gutted.

We had a big leaving party at a youth hostel* near Eyam (in the heart of the Derbyshire countryside, for those of you not familiar with that bit past the Watford Gap) at the weekend. It's a good job we were in the middle of nowhere too, judging by the vast alcohol consumption, the volume of the stereo...and the fact I got a whopping 3 hours sleep.

Such a massive party was a fitting 'bon voyage' to my favourite party girl. As far as I know she excelled herself by not doing the famous 10 min kip on the stroke of midnight.

Jane - I miss you already (even though you're not actually leaving the country until tomorrow night) and will be arriving at a sofa-bed near you at the earliest opportunity.

*Yes, I did say youth hostel. It was a shock to me too! Apparently no stately homes were available that weekend and the proprietor of the local B&B was spectacularly unaccommodating

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what no mention of your fame in PR Week? sureeeely some mistake?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home