a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Monday, May 25, 2009

The key to a good omlette is a well fitting lid

At last, i've reached a point in my pursuit of Domestic Goddess-ry where I have tips to share. Knowing my history in the kitchen it's a proud moment indeed.

Some of you know what a fan I am of a good old fashioned omlette. With beans, with wine, with friends - omlette rocks. But making one myself that fits the criteria of being firm yet fluffy, cooked but not burned, tasty and fresh, had eluded me for years. I figured I simply couldn't cook, which was also for years a pretty fair assumption.

But then - joy - I bought myself a mini frying pan especially for the job, and fitted it with a lid. What do you know, the perfect omlette. And it's no fluke. I've now made two perfect omlettes in a row (the latest accompanied by a tangy red pepper and tomato salsa on the side - woo)

At the end of a really crappy day at work -or maybe just a crappy day in life, since there was no specific catalyst for it - my omlette triumph tasted like the best thing ever and turned my day around.

Better yet, I have a big pack of Maltesers for desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home