a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Friday, May 15, 2009

Put the kettle on, I'll be there in two weeks

Before tackling the weekly Waitrose shop, I ducked into Nero's for a cheeky coffee and a skim through the newspaper. "Have you got a Nero's card?" asked the guy behind the counter. Well, yes, but wouldn't you know it's in another handbag at home.



Anyway I grabbed one of the comfy chairs - my luck was in - and texted Lawrence to see whether he fancied joining me.



Me: In Nero's. Fancy coffee?

Loz: Coffee? Great. I'll be there in just under two weeks.



Two weeks??



Remind me to write and thank Mr Nero for creating me a home from home in Dubai Mall. If it wasn't for the view over ice rink - rather than Wimpy's (did you know they sell beer in Wimpy's?)...or whatever has now replaced it! - and the call to prayer in the background then I could quite easily be back in Twickers right now.



I may be 3,500 miles and four time zones away, but some things stay stubbornly the same!

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Loz said...

Just over a week now, hope the coffee's not getting cold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home