a bit distracted

Life doesn't have to be a spectator sport

Thursday, July 06, 2006

'a bit distracted' is 'a lot confused'

Last night I went to the opera for the first time. Classy huh? I went to see King Arthur, by the English National Opera at London's Colosium.

The theatre is impressive (with added bonuses of comfy seats and good wine), absolutely fantastic music and dancing...and the costumes could be described as 'eye-catching' - if not downright alarming - at times.

But I have never spent so long in total and utter confusion! 3 whole hours without a clue what was going on.

I've thought it through and looked it up on t'interweb...and I'm still none the wiser.

I did get that it wasn't the traditional Knights of the Roundtable story, but I saw no battles between the Saxons and the Britons and definitely no kidnapped Cornish princess. I'm not even sure I know who was supposed to be King Arthur...although I suspect it may have been symbolised by the crown that kept appearing (maybe not!) .

But it was still brilliant and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend. The duck was without-a-doubt the best bit for me, closely followed by the maypole dancing and the random throwing of paper aeroplanes at the end.

Fantastically bizarre.

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger PR Baby said...

A bit confused huh? Not bloody surprised. Stick to the gigs I'd say - you get to see Colin Firth at those anyhow

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Katy Ludditt said...

It's true - Colin Firth couldn't get enough of me at the Editor's gig recently.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger PR Baby said...

this is entirely irrelavent as a comment - but check my pic out

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Katy Ludditt said...

I've since found out that the guy with KA on his back was King Arthur. I didn't see him, but I did see several fold up chairs on stage also displaying this moniker.

Confusion continues to reign!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home